On my way home from Miami this morning I took a break from the monotony of
I-95 and visited Viera Wetlands. I only had about a half hour to spare, but
I ended up staying for closer to 45 minutes.  I drove around the main
wetlands area once and the "click" ponds once just to see what I could
find.   I'm sure I breezed by many birds worth my attention and missed
species that were there, but I did see an American Bittern (to the right on
the southern edge of the wetlands) and many Green Herons.  Just outside the
wetlands by one of the residential ponds on Wickham Rd, I also saw about
seven Black-bellied Plovers. An Osprey seems to have taken quite an
interest in my camera as well; he gave me a curious pose.

You can find photographs and complete list of the species I saw (42 total)
at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2012/01/viera-wetlands-1242012.html.

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL