Dear birding friends,
Today was a very happy day. Fred Bassett came and banded the little immature Rufus Hummingbird that has been at my feeder for about a week.
Just before releasing him Fred put him in the palm of my hand and I swear he turned over on his side and I think I heard him say "See how pretty I am!"
He returned to the feeder so I guess he wasn't mad at Fred for all the manipulating he had to endure for awhile!,lol.
Happy birding,Pat
--
Pat Baker
Niceville, Fl.