Hey everyone,

My wife and I did our monthly volunteering out at the Florida Scrub-Jay Trail in Clermont.  Before pulling weeds in the restored scrub habitat, we birded the property to see what was around.  It was very active this morning:

Cattle Egret
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Red-Tailed Hawk
Sandhill Crane
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
White-Eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
Florida Scrub-Jay (2)
American Crow
Tree Swallow
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Common Yellowthroat
Palm Warbler
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Chipping Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Boat-Tailed Grackle
American Goldfinch

The Florida Scrub-Jay Trail is located on Montevista Road (CR 565A), south of SR-50 between Groveland and Clermont, Lake County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.