Here's a thought: what if the vegetables (like sweet peas) were potted
plants, growing on indoor lit shelves? These potted plants can be rinsed
and placed alive, on cafeteria tables when ripe for eating. It just might
be intriguing for the kids to pick their pea pods or grape-tomatoes from
the plant, while sitting on the table. Kids can even be involved in growing
these, to teach them about apartment-grown food. It's also more of a ritual
for a group of kids to pick fruit form the same plant at a table, and it
makes eating these more interactive and interesting.

These plants can also be fertilized from organic waste processed on site,
using the right, convenient and hygienic equipment.

Hala
--
Hala Chaoui, PhD, EIT
Agricultural Engineer