Actually, food waste and anaerobic digestion have been linked together
 by the Climate Action Reserve (CAR), which pays carbon credits to
landfill owners and/or operators for specifcally diverting food waste
into an anaerobic digester. This program is such an insentive that
Waste Management (WM) has invested in technology to handle the
requirements of the CAR protocol. One of the technologies that WM has
licensed is UF's SEBAC process.