Hello BESTers,

   Long time readers of Food Waste Friday know that I am an avid
advocate for the anaerobic digestion of food waste.  Currently food
waste digestion isn't widely practiced in the U.S.  Fortunately,
however, food waste digestion seems to be primed socially, politically,
technologically, and economically to play a significant role in how we
manage our food waste in the new future.  This two part article outlines
some of the forces and realities behind the push for anaerobic digestion
in North America.  With all of our waste, it is time we make something
useful from it.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2012/01/integrating-anaerobic-digestion-into-our-culture-part-1-language-visuals-and-values

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2012/01/integrating-anaerobic-digestion-into-our-culture-part-2-stats-reality-and-the-future

Integrating Anaerobic Digestion Into Our Culture Part 1: Language,
Visuals and Values
Renewable Energy World
Meredith Sorensen
January 26, 2011

Integrating Anaerobic Digestion Into Our Culture Part 2: Stats, Reality
and the Future
Renewable Energy World
Meredith Sorensen
January 31, 2011