Dear Brooke,

a few years ago, DB Tindall and Todd Malinick put together a collection of
syllabi and assignments from various leading scholars and teachers of
courses on social networks. ASA published it. Perhaps this could be of use
to you -- although I am not exactly sure how to get a copy. Here is the
citation:

Tindall, D.B. and Todd E. Malinick (Eds.) (2008) *Teaching About Social
Networks: A Collection of Syllabi, Assignments, and Other
Resources.*<http://farpoint.forestry.ubc.ca/FP/search/Publication_View.aspx?PUB_ID=6506>251
Pages., Washington, D.C.: American Sociological Association

ASA also seems to have various syllabi posted online:

http://trails.asanet.org/Pages/SearchResults.aspx?all=social+networks&subjectarea=any

Good luck,

Arnout