This "network movie" shows the growth of a reachable path for HIV
transmission in a large network, based on data from the ADD health
project.  The focus is on explaining racial disparities in HIV and
other STIs in the US.  There's an accompanying paper published in the
American Journal of Public Health.

statnet.org/movies

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Brooke Foucault wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi all,
> I am putting together a curriculum for an undergraduate Social Network Analysis class, I wanted to poll
> the list to see if anyone had any great videos or images that they use in their classes. I'm less
> interested in "how-to" media (although those could certainly be helpful), and more interested in
> examples that could be used as discussion points - illustrating relevant concepts, fun networks that
> undergrads will relate to, interesting applications of network analysis, etc.
>
> I'm being intentionally vague because I'm hoping to cast a wide net and see what turns up. Thanks in
> advance for your suggestions - I'd be happy to collect suggestions and re-circulate to the list.
>
> Best,
> Brooke
>
> --
> Brooke Foucault Welles
> Ph.D. Candidate
> Northwestern University
> Media, Technology and Society

> message.

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:	(206) 685-3402