I accidentally hit "send" before completing my email.  The following
youtube links go to a documentary by the BBC on six degrees of
separation.  I used one segment in an undergraduate class and I think
the 10 minutes I showed was well received and helped illustrate the
material.

http://youtu.be/RcCpEf6_Ofg
http://youtu.be/n1-nfySqf9M
http://youtu.be/61a_uTmVk0c

And here is the summary from the BBC web site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kdtvv

Documentary unfolding the science behind the idea of six degrees of
separation. Originally thought to be an urban myth, it now appears
that anyone on the planet can be connected in just a few steps of
association. Six degrees of separation is also at the heart of a major
scientific breakthrough; that there might be a law which nature uses
to organize itself and that now promises to solve some of its deepest
mysteries.

Best,
Alan