Martina,

It makes no sense to criticize physicists based on the list of citations
in my article, which is not written by any physicists.  That's a straw
man.

If anyone wishes to single out one group as any more guilty than the
other, we have people on this mailing list with both the scientific
expertise and data to research pretty well whether or not they are
especially deserving of blame.

My other points below also remain, but people can read them and agree or
not.  I do, however, think that we can pick any person on this list and
find articles by them that miss citations that we think they should have
cited but that they didn't cite because they didn't know about.  I see no
need to bring up what anyone did or did not learn in graduate school.  And
I also think it's counterproductive to direct blame at a specific group of
people (and I believe that whether or not such blame is merited!).

Also, I have exchanged private e-mails with Jamie, and I believe that he
and I are in accord and on good terms.

Have a good day,

Mason