Dear Socnetters,

I am compiling an updated bibliography concerning studies of the use of
social media by social movements, political protests and contentious
action.

I am mainly interested in the role of social network sites such as
Facebook and its counterparts by civic and political activists in
various countries (e.g., Vkontakte & LiveJournal in Russia), but I will
also welcome references to studies of YouTube, Twitter and other
relevant social media.

Please send your kind replies– titled ‘SNS studies’ – directly to my
e-mail address below. Having compiled the bibliography, I will post the
results to this list.

Thank you in advance,

Markku Lonkila

email: markku.lonkila[at]helsinki.fi