Dear all,

just in time for the tutorial workshop at Sunbelt XXXII, we have released
version 2.6.5 of visone, a free and platform-independent software for the
analysis and visualization of social networks.  (Should you be interested
in the workshop, note that registration closes on Monday.)

Download or webstart visone from http://www.visone.info/

New features include hierarchical clustering based on lambda sets and
edge betweennes, and the mapping of attributes to polar coordinates.

Other unique features include:

* a comprehensive suite of layout algorithms,
  including centrality and status layouts and
  the most advanced facilities for dynamic layout
* an integrated graphical interface to RSiena
* an integrated R console
* an interface to KNIME, a data mining workflow tool
* more efficient implementations for many analytic routines
* advanced attribute management, including dyad attributes
* explicit handling of unconfirmed ties

For some reference visualizations, see our recent article on citation
patterns in social network research in the Journal of Social Structure:

  http://www.cmu.edu/joss/content/abstracts.html#1208

(note that networks of this size do require sufficient main memory).

Cheers,

B.

--
Prof. Dr. Ulrik Brandes
Department of Computer &    | +49 7531 88-4433 (phone)