Harold Innis' "The Fur Trade in Canada" (>1955) may suggest how network thinking can be used in economic history. It's primarily considered a work of economic geography -- and it certainly doesn't use Network Analysis as a method -- but it deals extensively with communication networks, transportation networks, and with the social/cultural relations between peoples.

http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_all&q=The+Fur+Trade+in+Canada+Innis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Innis_and_the_fur_trade

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ricardo Ceneviva" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:19:10 PM
Subject: [SOCNET] Network Analysis in Economic History

Dear SOCNET list member,

Could you please suggest me some readings in the field of Network Analysis in
Economic History. More specifically I am looking for papers or books which use
Network Analysis as a method of research in economic history or historical
political economy.

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo Ceneviva
PhD Candidate