Dear Socnetters,

I am interested in the role of social media & social networking sites in
civic activism (rather than in electoral politics, though the border is
admittedly fluid). I try to figure out how social media  such as
Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are being used by social movements,
protests and contentious action around the globe.

A while ago I asked the list members to send me references concerning
this topic and promised to publish the results of my inquiry through
this list. I got very few replies but compiled a list of references
anyhow. You will find it at the following address:

http://www.mv.helsinki.fi/lonkila/SNS_and_activism_23032012.docx

When browsing through the list please note:
- The list is by no means complete and may also contain ‘irrelevant’