Aboout the name, Pat Doreain said:: “when all of the old farts who were at the beginning of sunbelt peg out, then the name might change.”

As one of those “old farts,” I feel that I should suggest an explanation for the name..

Both Russ Bernard and I were influenced by an anthropological evolutionary long-term view when in 1981 we called our new conference the SunBelt Conference.

A recent quote from Wikiipedia is relevant:

Since the early 20th century, Earth's average surface temperature has increased by about 0.8 C (1.4 F), with about two thirds of the increase occurring since 1980”

Anticipating Global Warming, we figured that all possible conference sites: wouldell in time be warm enough.

--Alvin