Eduard,

A client of mine has a nice little consulting business working with sports teams looking at "on-field" and "off-field" network ties amongst the team members.  One client of his has won the NCAA Soccer championship -- twice!  See my blog posts for more info and links.

http://www.thenetworkthinkers.com/2008/06/team-networks-team-chemistry.html
http://www.thenetworkthinkers.com/2008/12/team-chemistry-wins-again.html

Enjoy!

Valdis Krebs