Dear SOCNET users,

I am looking for some articles that can distinction between the evolution phase and adaptation phase (by providing some empirical analysis, or at least based on theory) of a longitudinal network.

Some researchers argue that evolution phase is different from adaptation phase in network science while some others argue that they are just cause and effect (or vice-versa). However, in some cases, such as emergency response, there might be distinguishable evolution and adaptation phase.

Please provide me some thoughts or literature in this regard.

Regards
Shahadat