My colleagues and I are using SNA to investigate whether natural
resources
scientists and managers in the Forest Service and other
agencies are embedded
in a network that fosters learning and complex
problem solving. For example,
we want to determine the extent to which
scientists and managers are engaged
in interactions (including
bi-directional exchanges of information) across
disciplinary
boundaries.

We are considering a number of different
measures (density,
cross-boundary exchange [relations within/between groups], centrality). We would like to
learn more
about other measures that you would recommend.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ken Vance-Borland, Executive Director
The Conservation Planning Institute
"To protect and restore biological diversity through innovative conservation planning
that is focused on effective implementation"
Tel:(541)231-7949 Email: [log in to unmask] Skype: ken.vance.borland
http://www.conservationplanninginstitute.org/
CPI is an IUCN member organization http://www.iucn.org/