***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Jessica,

I started to regularly apply SNA/ONA to HR issues in the early 1990s when I was an HR Manager at TRW Space & Electronics in Redondo Beach, CA.  Ron Rice even brought his USC PhD. class (which included Tom Valente and his lovely wife Rebecca) over to TRW to see how network analysis was being applied in industry.  Remember that, Tom?

Most of the articles I wrote back then were very HR/network focused, but they were all paper only.  I might have scanned a few.  Here are several articles of mine that are from a later period but still focused on networks and HR.

http://www.orgnet.com/HumanCapitalSocialCapital.pdf
http://www.orgnet.com/Managing21CenturyOrganization.pdf
http://www.orgnet.com/CHEN_SNA.pdf
http://www.orgnet.com/OrgNetMap.pdf

For a textbook in HR/networks, I would recommend one of Rob Cross' books, probably the first one.  In addition, both Charles Kadushin and Tom Valente have recently written very good SNA intro texts for a general audience.  And a few chapters from Ron Burt's last 2 books on managerial networks.

I have a 45-minute presentation "SNA in HR"  (covering over a dozen SNA projects in real HR departments) starting with my first SNA project in HR in 1987 @ Toyota USA, I would be willing to provide a guest lecture for your class via Skype if time permits.

Good Luck!

Valdis Krebs

http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com