I recently wrote a research proposal aimed at investigating how participants in a learning network chose problem solving strategies based on the chosen strategies of those with whom they interacted. I proposed a longitudinal study in which specific strategies could be defined and tested at three different points in time. I used contagion and proximity theories to articulate a prediction model for comparison with the observed network and the actors' learned (adopted) strategies. The network I'm analyzing is a group of pre-professional software developers, but I see no reason why the same approach couldn't be used for any learning network in which problem solving was a major component.

How are you defining/measuring the learning outcomes in your network?

---
Adam Lupu
Learning Architect, Code Academy
Director of Learning and Development, Global Playground
Learning Sciences Researcher, Northwestern University
t: @HowWeLearn
m: 415-412-9324