Thanks Moses

I was thinking Minimum Spanning Trees (of any graph) and ability to define
the (visual) length of each edge separately in a layout (I did not mean
height of the tree).

Meanwhile I found
http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/algo/publications/bbs-dpt-05.pdf (Bachmaier,
Brandes and Schlieper) which looked promising (radial layout pseudocode).

I'll post the results of implementing the above.

Best,
Kimmo

--
Kimmo Soramaki