Dear Ricardo,

Here are a handful of items that may be of interest to you:

John F. Padgett and Paul D. McLean, “Economic Credit in Renaissance Florence,” Journal of Modern History 83 (2011), 1: 1-47

John F. Padgett and Paul D. McLean,“Elite Transformation and Organizational Invention in Renaissance Florence,” American Journal of Sociology 111, 5 (2006):1463-1568

Paul D. McLean and John F. Padgett,  “Was Florence a Perfectly Competitive Market? Transactional Evidence from the Renaissance,” Theory and Society 26 (1997): 209-44

Quentin Van Doosselaere, Commercial Agreements and Social Dynamics in Medieval Genoa (Cambridge University Press, 2009).

Emily Erikson and Peter Bearman. 2006. “Malfeasance and the Foundations for Global Trade: The Structure of English Trade in the East Indies, 1601–1833.” American Journal of Sociology 112, 1 (2007?): 195-230.

Henning Hillman, “Mediation in Multiple Networks: Elite Mobilization before the English Civil War,” American Sociological Review 73,3 (June 2008): 426-54 (and more recent work by him as well)

William G. Roy, “The Unfolding of the Interlocking Directorate Structure of the United States,” American Sociological Review 48:248-57

Richard Lachmann, Capitalists In Spite of Themselves (Oxford, 2000)

Some of these use networks methods explicitly, some not as much.  I'm sure there is a lot of other material; this selection comes from my perspective on the field.  I hope it is useful, though.

Paul