***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Thanks Moses

I was thinking Minimum Spanning Trees (of any graph) and ability to define the (visual) length of each edge separately in a layout (I did not mean height of the tree).

Meanwhile I found http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/algo/publications/bbs-dpt-05.pdf (Bachmaier, Brandes and Schlieper) which looked promising (radial layout pseudocode).

I'll post the results of implementing the above.

Best,
Kimmo