This is not new. VCU in Viginia has been doing it for over a year as
have Universities in the Midwest.

As a group you should petition UF's Physical Plant Division and/or
other adminstrative authorities to do something similar.

Note, however, that aerobic composting is not as green as you might
think when you consider the energy imputs of the fossil fueled windrow
machine.