Hello BESTers,

I came across this intriguing article.  In an effort to increase
awareness of food waste, an Austrian artist has taken a series of
still-life photographs of well-rotted food.  I'm not sure if you would
want these pictures hanging on your wall, but they certainly are
interesting looking, if not somewhat beautiful. Warning: You may not
want to look at the photos if you are in the middle eating something.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/klaus-pichler_n_1399825.html

A link to the full gallery:
http://www.kpic.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=45&Itemid=88

Artist Klaus Pichler Showcases Rotting Food In Still Life Series
The Huffington Post
Rachel Tepper
April 3, 2012

P.S. I'm passing along another article that was sent to me about a dog
poo compost operation in Ithaca, NY

http://inhabitat.com/ithaca-turns-dog-poo-into-compost/

Ithaca turns dog poo into compost
Inhabitat