WOW!!!! Where is this person working? That is not a fair evaluation of a
tutor's skills or effectiveness! No matter how 'good' a tutor (or
instructor for that matter) is, he/she cannot make a person learn. Each
student has to choose to learn the material and be successful for
themselves, NOT because of what a tutor does. The tutor's job is to provide
learning assistance and supplement classroom content work. I tell each
student, we do not guarantee an A or even if you will pass, that is up to
you. What I will guarantee is that my tutors are very well-trained in
learning assistance who will give you their undivided attention and as many
tools as you need to be academically successful - FOR FREE!

If one of my tutor's worked with 10 students who then failed, I would check
to see if the students had any academic warnings to begin with; when did
they first come for tutoring? were they so far behind the tutor could only
concentrate on helping them get caught up rather than real learning
assistance? I could list more, but I think you can understand what I mean.

So, as you can tell, I am very passionate about this issue....
Annette Mileski

--
Annette M. Mileski
Director of Learning Support