From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elaine Richardson
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 12:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LRNASST-L] student to staff ratio in learning/tutoring departments?

Ok - so at Clemson we have 11 permanent staff (2 are part-time) plus 3 graduate assistants (20 hr/week each) = 14.  Our undergraduate population is 15,836 = staff/student ratio of 1 to 1131.

I tell my staff we are a small, but mighty department!  I have submitted a proposal to the administration to add 1 full-time person a year for the next 3 years.  Maybe a pipe dream, but have to ask!

Have a great weekend.
Elaine

M. Elaine Richardson, PhD
Director, Academic Success Center