St Norbert has 2 full time staff for 2200 students. We also dream of adding.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elaine Richardson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:05:45 PM
Subject: Re: student to staff ratio in learning/tutoring departments?

Ok - so at Clemson we have 11 permanent staff (2 are part-time) plus 3
graduate assistants (20 hr/week each) = 14.  Our undergraduate population
is 15,836 = staff/student ratio of 1 to 1131.

I tell my staff we are a small, but mighty department!  I have submitted a
proposal to the administration to add 1 full-time person a year for the
next 3 years.  Maybe a pipe dream, but have to ask!

Have a great weekend.
Elaine

M. Elaine Richardson, PhD
Director, Academic Success Center