From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jered Wasburn-Moses
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What tutoring is (and is not)

We communicate this in a number of ways. Our time restrictions are stated in our printed brochures (handed out to students/parents at Orientation and distributed about campus). Our Policies & Procedures are on our websites. And, in the Centers that I coordinate, we use a Visit Record Form to log visits. This form-which students sign each visit to verify they have received services-has as its header a list of Policies & Expectations. Tutors are instructed to briefly review the list at the beginning of the student's first visit. In addition, a half-sheet version of this same list is given to each student on his/her first visit to the Center.

Jered Wasburn-Moses
Math Center Coordinator
Success Skills Coordinator
Learning Assistance Programs