I take the opposite view. My best tutor couldn't spell for his life. I see it as one
of my jobs as a college professional to teach them how to be professionals. I
correct them when their papers for our training aren't done well. I talk to them
about what professionals do. I help them learn to be professionals. When I took
this job and was very frustrated with tutors not turning in paperwork, my boss
told me that part of my job was to teach them how to be employees. I guess I
took that to heart.

Jennifer I. Fasy
Focused Tutoring Program Coordinator
Salt Lake Community College