We have one professor who films his lectures. We provide a place for the student to watch or download. It does not lead to students being absent. and it is very helpful for some foreign students who would like to see and hear the lecture again.
Sally Dreier
BGSU

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Cradit [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: filming lectures

Does anyone currently film class lectures for later playback by the students?
What we are considering is posting lecture videos to our internal website for
students to view again, not as a substitute for attending class but as a
review. Professors would still require attendance in class, but having access
to videos would allow students to hear the lecture again with the ability to
stop and start it, discuss it with classmates, etc. If you have such a program,
can you share details with the list? We'd like to pilot this with a college
algebra class.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa Cradit
Texas Lutheran University