Hello All,

I'm curious if anyone's school or center has specific protocol in place for lost items. Specifically, what you do when a student leaves behind a cell phone or flash drive. Do you access the files or phonebook to attempt to find an identity, or do these items just go to either a departmental or central lost and found? This discussion has popped up recently in our department, and while I understand the value of trying to find an identity, I worry that it can open us up to a lot of liability.

Christopher Doyle
Director, Academic Support Center
Mount Wachusett Community College
444 Green Street