From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doyle, Christopher
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Lost items protocol

Hello All,

I'm curious if anyone's school or center has specific protocol in place for lost items. Specifically, what you do when a student leaves behind a cell phone or flash drive. Do you access the files or phonebook to attempt to find an identity, or do these items just go to either a departmental or central lost and found? This discussion has popped up recently in our department, and while I understand the value of trying to find an identity, I worry that it can open us up to a lot of liability.

Christopher Doyle
Director, Academic Support Center
Mount Wachusett Community College
444 Green Street