From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Erin Wheeler
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Enhancing our Student Study Groups

Hello Frank,

We have created a study group starter kit to help students avoid common pitfalls
of study groups. The kit contains steps for organization, tools for time
management, and suggestions for group learning activities. We are now soliciting
student feedback in order to refine contents to make the kit more student
friendly.  We are also developing ways to take advantage of social media as a
group learning tool to add to the starter kit.

The kit and supplementary presentation can be found at our website:
http://www.cas.lsu.edu/study-groups

Erin R. Wheeler, Ph.D
Science/Math Learning Consultant
Louisiana State University