Greetings Colleagues,

 *
I just posted a new article on The Well: What is Academic Rigor to Students? A View From the Other Side.

           You may view it at the following link: http://bit.ly/JLSu0E

 *
I will also be posting the second act tomorrow: Adjusting to Rigor: Changing Students' Default Settings
 *
On Wednesday, I intend the post the results of the From Good to Great Learning 4-Week Study.  Summary: Self-identified "Good" students were given an open invitation to participate in a 4-week Study.  The study showed students how to apply the ThinkWell-LearnWell Diagram to their general learning. The result was unprecedented boosts in learning and test performance in a wide variety of courses!  If the video footage is not ready to be released by Wednesday, I will release a presentation format.

I hope you find articles useful and the study results encouraging!

PS - You can find out more about transforming Good Student into Great Learners at the following sources:

 *   Facebook: search - The LearnWell Projects
 *   Blog - The Well: www.thewelledu.com<http://www.thewelledu.com/> -- see the article: Why Good Students Do Bad in College
 *   To receive your free color copy of The ThinkWell-LearnWell Diagram: www.thinkwell-learnwell.com<http://www.thinkwell-learnwell.com/>.

Leonard Geddes
Associate Dean of Co-Curricular Programs
Coordinator of the Learning Commons
Division of Student Life
Lenoir-Rhyne University
www.lr.edu