Dear Colleagues,
This interesting question was posted on the Kentucky listserv and is relevant to many of us.  Has anyone done recent work on the reading levels of graduates?

Please feel free to respond to the listserv or to Dr. Hollingsworth directly.  And thank you, all.  J. Neuburger

". . . .  It raises for me a question about the actual use of textbooks and required readings in the everyday postsecondary classroom - and series of classes toward a particular major. Has anyone done research on the reading skill levels of our postsecondary ed graduates? Do the reading levels of our successful graduates relate in a significantly statistical way to 6-year graduation rates in a particular institution?

> Randolph

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Randolph Hollingsworth, Ph.D.

> Assistant Provost

> University of Kentucky

> 551 Patterson Office Tower

> Lexington, KY  40506-0027  USA

> 859-257-3027  FAX 323-1932

> [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  SL: Bella Yan

Jane A. Neuburger
Director, Tutoring & Study Center
Syracuse University
111 Waverly Avenue Suite 220