Another is asking what they thought they had to pay....

Even as clear as we can be about tuition-provided services,
some students still believe learning skill support and tutoring
are items they must pay separately for.....

On 04/30/12, Dave Ehren  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I always find it informative to get their experience with tutoring in the
> past.
>
> Dave
>
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Cleveland, Prof. John P. <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Beginning last semester, I reached out to student by email who had been
> > flagged in our first alerts program as having academic difficulty and
> > encouraged them to come for tutoring.  A recent assessment of one of the
> > outreached showed that at least one group of students did not come for
> > tutoring.  I would like to put together a small focus group of them and
> > send them a brief survey.  Besides the obvious question of why they did not
> > come for tutoring, what other questions should I ask?
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > John Cleveland
> >
> > John P. Cleveland, M.T.S., M.A.
> > Director, Tutoring Center
> > Center for Academic Excellence
> > & Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy and Religious
> > Studies
> > Pace University
> > 41 Park Row, Room 204
> > New York, NY  10038
> > (212)346-1407 (phone)
> > (212)346-1520 (fax)
> > www.pace.edu/tutoring
> > [division logo.jpg]
> > [Facebook Badge]<
> > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Student-Success-at-Pace-University/55512637522
> > >[twitter_logo_header]<http://twitter.com/PaceSUCCESS>

> > browser to
> > http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html

> --
> Dave Ehren
> Director, Math Counselor
> Macalester Academic Excellence (MAX) Center
> 651-696-6120
>
> I am doing some of the many right things to do.

Sue Burns MLIS
Assistive Technologist
Services for Students with Disabilities
University of Western Ontario