As I recall, the first place I ever saw the Cone of Experience was in Dale's 1949/1950 text Audio Visual Methods of Teaching from Dryden Press.

One can get a copy from ABE Books for $1.90 plus shipping. Go to the ABE Books www. site.

Dale was one of the really big players in the literacy community for about a half century.

Norman Stahl

From: M.E. McWilliams <[log in to unmask]>
To: LRNASST-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Apr 26, 2012 7:30 pm
Subject: Re: A great website

The website listed below claims that Edgar Dale's Cone of Experience
fabricates percentages but doesn't give documentation to substantiate that
claim.  I have used the pictured chart in several workshops so the matter is
of concern to me. Anyone have a comment on the subject?

wOO HoO!
M.E. McWilliams
AARC Tutoring Center Director
FACEBOOK US!
Stephen F. Austin State University
936 468 1439

The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own and do not
necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Stephen F. Austin State
University, its Board of Regents, or the State of Texas.