I am not sure if you are referring to one-on-one or group tutoring, but
all our tutoring is drop-in group tutoring.  We coordinate it out of our
office (which until last month was a corner in the library, now we have a
building dedicated to the Academic Success Center).  We have purposefully
had tutoring take place in several locations around campus (Tutor Zones -
"borrowed" from TAMU).  We use the library in the center of campus, the
student union on one side of campus and a student center on the other side
= 3 zones.  We decided that when we moved into the building, we would not
centralize all tutoring here, but rather add a 4th zone.  The idea for us
was to be as visible across campus as possible, and I think it is helping.
 Student tutors wear a light mesh vest (orange or green - depending on
content area) and place a table tent on their tutoring table with the
course/subject to be covered.  This allows students seeking help a way to
recognize the tutor.  I have attached a word document that has a photo
taken recently (in the library tutoring zone) for some of our promotional
materials.  This will give you an idea of what I just described.
Hope this is helpful.
Have a great weekend,
Elaine

M. Elaine Richardson, PhD