Corrado,

Try 'Google metro' or whatever Google is calling the public transportation
data they've posted (for quite a few cities now).  I've used some of this
a bit for a project with a current student, but there are piles of data
there that seem to be underexplored.

-----
Mason

  Mason A. Porter
  University Lecturer (and Tutorial Fellow, Somerville College)
  Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
  Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford

  Homepage: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm, IM: tepid451
  Blog: http://masonporter.blogspot.com/