Fleming, L., Mingo, S. and Chen, D. Collaborative Brokerage, Generative
Creativity, and Creative Success. Administrative Science Quarterly, 52, 3
2007), 443-475.

Hargadon, A. B. and Bechky, B. A. When Collections of Creatives Become
Creative Collectives: A Field Study of Problem Solving at Work.
Organization Science, 17, 4 2006), 484-500.

Lazer, D. and Friedman, A. The Network Structure of Exploration and
Exploitation. Administrative Science Quarterly, 52, 4 2007), 667-694.

Lingo, E. L. and O'Mahony, S. Nexus work: Brokerage on creative projects.
Administrative Science Quarterly, 55, 1 2010), 47.

Neha, G. The local and global structure of knowledge production in an
emergent research field: An exponential random graph analysis. Social
Networks, 33, 1 2011), 20-30.

Obstfeld, D. Social Networks, the Tertius Iungens Orientation, and
Involvement in Innovation. Administrative Science Quarterly, 50, 1 2005),
100-130.

Paulus, P. B. and Dzindolet, M. Social influence, creativity and
innovation. Social Influence, 3, 4 (2008/12/01 2008), 228-247.

Perry-Smith, J. E. Social yet creative: The role of social relationships in
facilitating individual creativity. The Academy of Management Journal, 49,
1 2006), 85-101.

Sosa, M. E. Where Do Creative Interactions Come From? The Role of Tie
Content and Social Networks. Organization Science, 22, 1 (January/February
2011 2011), 1-21.

Yu, L. and Nickerson, J. V. Cooks or cobblers?: crowd creativity through
combination. In Proceedings of the CHI 2011 (Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2011).
ACM

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Florian Aubke <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am searching for work that has looked at creativity in/through networks.
>
> What I have found so far is:
>
> Uzzi, B. and Spiro J. (2005), Collaboration and Creativity: The Small World
> Problem, American Journal of Sociology, 111:2
>
> Jeffcutt, P. and Pratt, A.C. (2002), Managing Creativity in the Cultural
> Industries, Creativity and Innovation Management, 11:4, 225-233
>
> Perry-Smith, J.E. and Shalley, C.E. (2003), The Social Side of Creativity:
> Static and Dynamic Social Network Perspective, Academy of Management
> Review,
> 28:1, 89-106
>
> Kijkuit, B. and van den Ende, J. (2007), The Organizational Life of an
> Idea:
> Integrating Social Network, Creativity and Decision Making Perspectives,
> Journal of Management Studies, 44:6, 863-882
>
> Karlsson, C. (2010), Clusters, Networks and Creativity, CESIS Electronic
> Working Paper Series, No. 235
>
> Fleming, L. and Marx, M. (2006), Managing Creativity in Small Worlds,
> California Management Review, 48:8, 6-27
>
> If you know of additional literature linking networks/network position to
> creativity, please let me know.
>
> Kind regards,
> Florian Aubke

Brian C. Keegan
Ph.D. Student - Media, Technology, & Society
School of Communication, Northwestern University

Science of Networks in Communities, Laboratory for Collaborative Technology