Good evening,

I have two large undirected weighted signed _almost similar_ graphs G
and G'. In fact, the edge weights represent Pearson correlations and
are in the range [-1, 1]. I would like to find the common core of the
graphs (I am not even sure what it means): that is, a graph that
consists of the nodes that are present in both graphs (easy) and edges
that  somehow represent the commonalities between the corresponding
edges of both graphs. For instance, if w(AB)=1 in graph G and
w(A'B')=1 in graph G', then the corresponding edge in G/\G' obviously
has w=1. Same goes with w(AB)=w(A'B')=-1. But what is a good way to
combine two weights in a general case? When w(AB)=1 and w(A'B')=1,
should the corresponding edge in G/\G' even exist? Any advise and
references are highly appreciated!

--
Dmitry Zinoviev
Associate Professor in Mathematics and Computer Science