From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Mell, J.N.
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Sampling a large network

Dear All,

I am planning to conduct a network survey among participants of an
intervention before and after the intervention, assessing the change in
several kinds of relationships and relating it to different individual
variables. I would very much like to use a roster method, but my population
is quite large- ca. 350 participants. Is there any way I can approach  this
keeping the quality of data high and the drop-out rate low? I thought about
sampling, presenting each participant with a random sample from the whole
pool but I'm not sure whether this is a possibility. I have also thought to
first present the list with the very low-involvement task of checking names
that "ring a bell", thus sorting out null relationships before presenting
the actual network questions only with the roster containing the checked
names. However, it would then still be 350 names for the first round.

As I don't have any experience with these issues, I would very much
appreciate any tips and experience sharing!

Thank you in advance,

Julija Mell

De informatie verzonden in dit e-mail bericht inclusief de bijlage(n) is
vertrouwelijk en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde van dit
bericht. Lees verder.
The information in this e-mail message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Read more.
the message.