Hello,

This is a reminder that the deadline to submit a paper to the Northwestern
University Media, Technology, and Society graduate student conference,
InfoSocial, is quickly approaching on April 15th. CFP is below. More
information about submissions and the conference is available on the
conference website: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP. Please forward any
questions to: [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Casey Spruill

Northwestern University

PhD Student | Media, Technology & Society Program

Department of Communication Studies

Infosocial: Where information and the social sciences collide, Oct 12-13,
2012

A graduate student conference hosted by the Media, Technology and Society
(MTS) program at Northwestern University

As the information infrastructure of contemporary social life becomes
increasingly complex and visible, disparate modes of inquiry converge. We
are surrounded by a proliferation of data that provides a unique window into
a wide array of individual and collective behavior. The changes in the
visibility and availability of such data have challenged the technical and
conceptual boundaries of the social sciences. This, in turn, has triggered a
growth in interdisciplinary collaboration and in methodological and
theoretical innovation. Our conference aims to contribute to these
collaborative and innovative developments by bringing together graduate
student scholarship from across the academic spectrum.

We seek papers authored by graduate students that address relevant topics
within and across disciplines, including contributions from communication
and media studies, sociology, psychology, computer science, science and
technology studies, information science, political science, and
anthropology, among others.

Possible submission topics include (but are not limited to):

*	Linked data/semantic web and society
*	Privacy and information management
*	Measuring online behavior
*	Collective action and crowd sourcing
*	Internet skill and literacy
*	Open source and innovation
*	Complexity and technological change
*	History and information
*	Information at work
*	Educational technology
*	Networks and the information society
*	Methodological developments

Important Information:
Extended abstract (500 words) submission deadline: April 15, 2012
Acceptance notification date: May 15, 2012
Conference date: October 12-13, 2012
Conference location: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

Conference URL: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP

Email: [log in to unmask]

To submit, please visit  <http://bit.ly/NUMTSconference>
http://bit.ly/NUMTSconference and upload an extended abstract of no more
than 500 words.

Note: There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the conference.
Meals will be provided and interested attendees may request to be housed
with Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we will do our
best to accommodate requests.