Peter:

May I suggest a few that have yet to be mentioned (I think):

In the edited book, "Sociological Insights of Great Thinkers, " there
are chapters by Ron Breiger, Kathleen Carley, and Roberto Franzosi.
Carley's chapter is on Isaac Asimov and Franzosi's chapter is on
Galileo, who are not technically philosophers. However, Ron Breiger's
chapter is on Baruch Spinoza, which I believe is a variation on a paper
he presented at Sunbelt XXX.

If you want to read actual philosophers, whose insights are compatible
with network science, I recommend the work of Emmanual Levinas and
Martin Buber (I and Thou). The philosophical theologian, Edward Farley
(Good and Evil) has also written extensively on what he calls the
"interhuman," which is highly compatible with network approach to
understanding behavior.

Finally, closer to home (so to speak), is sociologist Christian Smith's
new exercise in sociological theory ("What Is a Person"), in which he
devotes an entire chapter to a friendly critique of social network analysis.

Sean

On 4/13/2012 10:43 AM, 林枫 wrote:
> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hello everybody!
>
>     I wonder if anyone can provide me some suggestions or clues for
> any documents about philosophy of network science, such as
> epistemology of network thinking, cognitive mechanisms for recognizing
> points, lines and networks, intellectual history of network thinking
> or network science and technology. Thanks!
>
> Feng Lin
> The First Clinical School of Nanjing Medical University, China
> Institute of /Linguistic Science/ and Technology, /Nanjing Normal
> University, China/

Sean Everton, PhD
Assistant Professor
Defense Analysis Department