***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Peter:

May I suggest a few that have yet to be mentioned (I think):

In the edited book, "Sociological Insights of Great Thinkers, " there are chapters by Ron Breiger, Kathleen Carley, and Roberto Franzosi. Carley's chapter is on Isaac Asimov and Franzosi's chapter is on Galileo, who are not technically philosophers. However, Ron Breiger's chapter is on Baruch Spinoza, which I believe is a variation on a paper he presented at Sunbelt XXX.

If you want to read actual philosophers, whose insights are compatible with network science, I recommend the work of Emmanual Levinas and Martin Buber (I and Thou). The philosophical theologian, Edward Farley (Good and Evil) has also written extensively on what he calls the "interhuman," which is highly compatible with network approach to understanding behavior.

Finally, closer to home (so to speak), is sociologist Christian Smith's new exercise in sociological theory ("What Is a Person"), in which he devotes an entire chapter to a friendly critique of social network analysis.

Sean