Dear Zhang,
What type of relationship in the "global network" do you have in mind? That is, the network of what? Friendships? Acquaintances? Something else? And influence ion what type of behavior? Obviously the problem with studying things like the global friendship network is getting the data. I guess what comes closest at this point are studies of global online networks, eg. Ugander et al:"The Anatomy of the Facebook Social Graph" and Leskovec and Horvitz: "Worldwide Buzz: Planetary-Scale Views on an Instant-Messaging Network".
Best, Rense