INSEAD Conference on Network Evolution 3.0:

New Directions for Organizational Networks Research

CALL FOR PAPERS

October 22-23, 2012:

The INSEAD Conference on Network Evolution is a two day event where we will provide a forum for researchers interested in organizational networks. We are looking for submissions that have the potential to set directions for the organizational networks research over the next 10 years. The following is a sampling of potential topics to discuss, but the submissions can go beyond them:

a)      What are the drivers of network dynamics

b)      What are the network outcomes for individuals or organizations

c)      How does membership in multiple networks affect outcomes for individuals and organizations

d)      What are the new ways to think about network outcomes (e.g. creativity, performance, career trajectories)

We expect this to be small conference (around 30 papers) so that the participants can receive quality feedback. This is the third time INSEAD organizes the conference on Network Evolution.

Keynote speakers:

Joel Baum (Toronto)

Ron Burt (Chicago)

David Stark (Columbia)

Discussants / participants:

Martin Gargiulo (INSEAD); Henrich Greve (INSEAD); Herminia Ibarra (INSEAD); Martin Kilduff (Cambridge); Joe Labianca (Kentucky); Bill McEvily (Toronto); Melissa Schilling (NYU); Guiseppe Soda (Bocconi); Brian Uzzi (Northwestern); Aks Zaheer (Minnesota)

INSEAD organizers:

Andrew Shipilov; Rose Luo; Jarrett Spiro; Michele Rogan;

Frederic Godart; Bart Vanneste; Kim Claes; JungYun Han

Please submit a full paper to [log in to unmask] by June 10, 2012.

There is no attendance fee, but the participants should cover their own transportation and lodging in Fontainebleau.