Didn't see it mentioned but sorry if it was already, but thought this might be of interest.

Snyder, David and Edward Kick.  1979.   "Structural Position in the World System and Economic Growth, 1955-1970: A Multiple Network Analysis of Transnational Interactions. "  American Journal of Sociology.  85(5): 1096-1126