***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** I have concerned on this topic for more than 6 years. I'm a physician in China and doing researches for language networks, social representation and  brain network. I have found that many friends who learned the network analysis were interested in the application aspect of this technique, however, they doubt the philosophy of network analysis or confuse it with thinking or ideas of complex system paradigm. In fact, if we concern on the granularity of concepts in our thinking, we will find that we are always proposing, finding, discovering, selecting and dealing with relationships. This kind of thinking are  inherently embeded in our cognitive system. So what I want is to find some clues for such question: what happened when we regarded one object as a point, to what discrete extent an object will be in a continuum  when we will consider it as a point, what are  neurological or neuropsychological mechanisms  of network thinking. Of course, these are not only about the SNA, but about the whole range of network science, and the point-line-network is a symbol tool running inside the human mind, just as a meta metaphor supporting the cognitive system. Although I have translated the the
Exploratory Social Network Analysis With Pajek into Chines and introduced SNA to many friends in China, there is no one friend want to discuss the above issues with me. I think perhaps I can find someone in this mail list.
  Thanks!

Feng Lin
The First Clinical School of Nanjing Medical University, China
Institute of Linguistic Science and Technology, Nanjing Normal University, China